The Maine CDC has opened a Vaccine Consult Line at 1-866-962-6062. Phone line hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
This is not a vaccination appointment line, but they can respond to most vaccination-related questions from the public.
Sample Vaccination Questions Answered by Vaccine Consult Line
1. When and where can I receive a COVID-19 vaccine?
2. When and where can my employees receive COVID-19 vaccines?
3. Which State of Maine COVID-19 vaccination phase do I fall under?
4. Which State of Maine COVID-19 vaccination phase do my employees fall under?
5. Why is (insert occupation) receiving the COVID-19 vaccine ahead of my occupation?
6. Why are individuals younger and/or in better health than myself receiving the COVID-19 vaccine before I am?
7. What are the high-risk medical conditions that deem an individual eligible for Phase 1b of the State of Maine’s COVID-19 vaccination plan?
8. I am allergic to ____. Is it safe for me to receive a COVID-19 vaccine?
9. I had an adverse reaction to the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. Is it safe for me to receive the second vaccine dose?
10. I received my first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine from another state. Can I receive my second dose in Maine?
11. I am not a Maine resident. Can I receive a COVID-19 vaccine in Maine?
12. I had/have COVID-19. Can I still receive a COVID-19 vaccine?
13. How do I know if I successfully pre-registered for a COVID-19 vaccination appointment?
14. I received a phone call from (insert phone number) to schedule a COVID-19 vaccination appointment. How do I know if the call was from a legitimate vaccine provider?
15. Questions from health care professionals regarding COVID-19 vaccination of their staff or patients (we will forward these questions to the Maine Immunization Program or pharmacy partnership program as indicated).
16. Questions regarding COVID-19 vaccination data in Maine.
17. Suggestions, concerns, and complaints regarding the COVID-19 vaccination plan in Maine.
18. Advocacy for inclusion of a particular occupation or high-risk medical condition in Phase 1b of the State of Maine’s vaccination plan.