Winter Reminders from Public Works
- Bath residents are allowed two (2) 5-gallon buckets of sand per storm. Our sand bin is located at the south entrance to the public works garage (450 Oak Grove Avenue). Sand is only for residents and not for contractors spreading sand for their customers.
Winter Parking Ban:
- From November 15, 2020, to March 15, 2021, it will be unlawful to park for a period longer than 30 minutes on any street in Bath between the hours of midnight and 6:00 a.m. The same applies for municipal parking lots. Learn More
- For residents who park vehicles in driveways, please keep sidewalks clear so our sidewalk machines are not restricted in doing their job.
- Please do not push snow into sidewalks or public streets as this is not only against Maine state law, it is also costly and time-consuming for the Public Works Department to send vehicles and manpower out to go back to clean up a street or sidewalk.
- If you have concerns that a piece of your property was damaged by City snow removal equipment, please call the Public Works Department at (207) 443-8357.
- Downtown Sidewalk Snow Removal - the City of Bath reminds owners and/or occupants of properties in the downtown area of their responsibility for removing snow and ice from the sidewalks adjacent to their sites after a storm, and icicles that overhang streets or sidewalks. Learn More
- Curious about the City's process for winter plowing? Click Here to learn how it's done.
On behalf of the Bath Public Works Department, thank you for your attention and cooperation.