The Codes Enforcement Officer is responsible for the administration of various City and State codes, laws, and rules applicable to construction, development, health and safety, and quality of life, and zoning issues.
The Codes Enforcement Office is responsible for the following:
- Administer all land use development, housing, building or related codes and all applicable state laws, rules and regulations. These codes include plumbing, sewer, electrical and heating.
- Receive applications for building activity and other development and provide assistance to those making those applications.
- Act as public liaison to and staff support to the Zoning Board.
- Serve as the City's Health Officer.
- Serve as the City's American With Disabilities Coordinator, for City buildings and services.