This department's operations during the COVID-19 State of Emergency:
As of Monday, July 6, the first floor of City Hall (Clerk's Officer and Treasurer's Office) is open to the public. If you need to speak with the City Manager's Office, please call ahead to make an appointment: (207) 443-8330
We encourage the public to continue to conduct business online , by mail, and over-the-phone wherever possible. Learn More
Looking for community resources? Visit our Coronavirus Resource Page.
The City of Bath operates under a Council – City Manager form of government. The City Manager is appointed by the City Council and is responsible for all City affairs placed under his charge by the City Council and the City’s Charter.
The City Manager is the chief administrative officer of the City and is responsible for the following:
- Appoints and prescribes the duties of all officers and employees of the City as prescribed in the City Charter.
- Prepares and submits an annual City budget to the Council and is responsible for its administration after adoption.
- Keeps the Council advised of the financial condition and future needs of the City and make such recommendations as may seem to him desirable.
- He shall have the care, superintending, and management of all City property not inconsistent with the legal custody of such property being held by the City Council.
- Performs such other duties as may be prescribed by this Charter or required of him by the Council, not inconsistent with the Charter.