City Operations and Services During COVID-19
3/17/2021 Update - As of Wednesday, March 17, City Hall offices are temporarily closed to the public until March 29 out of an abundance of caution, due to a COVID-19 exposure. Please use our staff directory to call or email for assistance: https://www.cityofbath.com/staff-directory
We encourage the public to continue to take advantage of our online and over-the-phone services whenever possible. Learn More
For general questions, please contact the City Manager's Office at 207-443-8330.
Assessor's Office Services:
For business with the Assessor's Office, please call 207-443-8336.
- Online Property Map
Find online parcel information for properties located in the City of Bath. CLICK HERE to visit the City of Bath Online Property Mapping Tool.
Bath City Bus has partially resumed services. Please CLICK HERE to learn more.
City Clerk's Office Services:
For business with the Clerk's Office, please call 207-443-8332.
- Public Meetings
Guide to Participating in Virtual Meetings - The City will begin holding meetings, including City Council and Planning Board, via video conference until further notice. Details for public participation in those meetings will be made available in the online event postings. City Council and Planning Board meetings will still be broadcast live on Bath Community Television (Channel 14) and BCTV On Demand (https://www.cityofbath.com/bctv-on-demand).
- Dog Licensing
This online service is only available between October 15th and January 31st each year. If you need to register a new dog, please visit City Hall. CLICK HERE to renew a dog license online.
- Hunting & Fishing Licenses
MOSES is the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife's online hunting & fishing licensing system. With MOSES, you can purchase licenses any time of the day or night, and print your license out in your home or office in just minutes. CLICK HERE to apply for a hunting and/or fishing license.
Codes Enforcement Office Services:
Indoor inspections that are necessary for a project to continue are being done via photos and video. Outdoor inspections are on a case-by-case basis. Mail permit applications and other materials to City Hall at 55 Front Street, Bath 04530. Include a phone number and email address (if available) on mailed materials. Call 207-443-8334 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for service.
- Codes Enforcement Office Online Payments
CLICK HERE* to pay a code, permit, or application fee for the Codes Enforcement Office online. To make your payment, select Codes/Permits from the "Select Payment Item" menu.
Finance Office/Treasurer's Office Services:
For business with the Treasurer's Office, please call 207-443-8340. NOTE: From March 17 - March 29, 2021, over-the-phone Treasurer's Office Services will NOT be available.
- Personal Property Taxes and Real Estate Taxes may be paid over-the-phone by calling the Treasurer’s Office at 207-443-8340 (credit card fees apply), online (card fees apply), mailing your payment to City Hall (55 Front Street, Bath ME 04530), or dropping your payment into the City Hall drop box (on the parking lot side of City Hall).
- Tax Information may be obtained by calling 207-443-8340 or emailing email@example.com .
- Tax Club Monthly Payments may be made online (card fees apply). Click Here.
- Vehicle Registration Renewal may be processed through Maine’s Rapid Renewal service.
- Duplicate Vehicle Registration may be processed online. This service does not include duplicate stickers for your license plates, only the duplicate registration. Not available for semi-permanent trailer registrations. Click Here.
- Trailer Registration Renewal may be processed online for any non-excise-taxable trailer. Click Here.
- ATV and Snowmobile Registration may be processed online through Maine’s IFW ATV & Snowmobile Registration website
- Boat Registration Renewal may be processed online through Maine’s Boat Registration Renewal website
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses may be purchased online through the Maine Online Sportsman Electronic System (MOSES)
General Assistance Services:
General Assistance business may be conducted over-the-phone and by email - please call 207-443-8335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Parks & Recreation Department Services
For detailed, up-to-the-minute information, including information about sports programs, parks/facilities and cemetery operations, please Click Here.
Planning and Development Services:
The Planning Board is continuing to meet remotely at the regularly scheduled date and time. Please mail any permit applications and other materials to City Hall at 55 Front Street, Bath 04530. Include a phone number and email address (if available) on mailed materials. Call (207) 443-8363 or email email@example.com for service.
Police Department Services:
Please call ahead (207-443-5563, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m., Mon-Fri) to the make an appointment for fingerprinting, concealed weapons permits, taxi licenses, or mooring permits. Parking Tickets and Parking Permits may be paid online, by mailing in a payment to the Bath Police Department at 250 Water Street, Bath 04530, or paid over-the-phone. The Department is NOT able to do car seat installations at the present time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Records checks may be paid by mail, email, or phone to Deputy Chief Andrew Booth at firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-443-5563.
- Accident/Incident Report Request
CLICK HERE* to request and pay for an accident/incident report. Select Accident/Incident Reports from the "Select Payment Item" menu.
- Animal Control Officer Impound Fee Payment
CLICK HERE* to pay for an ACO impound fee. Select ACO Impound Fees from the "Select Payment Item" menu.
CLICK HERE* to pay for fingerprinting. Select Finger Printing Fees from the "Select Payment Item" menu.
- Mooring Fees
CLICK HERE* to pay for mooring fees. Select Mooring Fees from the "Select Payment Item" menu.
- Parking Permit
CLICK HERE* to pay for a parking permit. Select Permitted Parking from the "Select Payment Item" menu.
- Parking Ticket
CLICK HERE* to pay a parking ticket. Select Parking Violations from the "Select Payment Item" menu.
Public Works Services
The Bath Public Works Department is taking care of critical tasks that impact public health and safety, but please be aware that some routine and seasonal work may be delayed. If you need to speak with the Department concerning work or emergency requests please call 207-443-8357 during regular business hours (M-F 6:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.) or county dispatch at 207-443-8200 for after hours service.
The Bath Landfill reopened to the general public on Monday, May 18, 2020, with certain changes in procedures to help protect the health of our staff and customers alike. Learn More
For more information, please call 207-443-8356.
Curbside Collection of Trash and Recycling
The City’s curbside collection of trash and recycling will continue as normal.
If you are working or practicing social distancing at home, you may find yourself generating unusual items in your waste stream and you might wonder about recycling. Our curbside recycling program is operating normally and the rules have not changed:
- Wash food out of containers
- Plastic wraps and bags (films) are not recyclable curbside but may be at grocery stores if clean and dry.
- Use the drop off kiosks for food waste to keep it out of your trash and create energy and compost.
- Ask your local take-out restaurant to use compostable containers so they can be tossed with the food.
- Wipes (anti-bacterial or not) and paper towels cannot be recycled and should be placed in your trash. Also do not flush these items in your toilet.
- Office paper used at home is recyclable with other paper in your curbside bin. Remember to use both sides.
Learn more about curbside collection here.
*Please note, the City uses a third party provider, MuniciPAY, for this service. There is a min of a $1.50 or 2.5% processing fee, the same fee charged to those who pay at the office with a card.