The Finance Department receives and accounts for all funds paid to the City and disburses all funds for compensation to employees and services rendered to the City. The department is responsible for the following:
- Managing the City’s debt and investments
- Preparing the annual budget and capital improvement plan
- Valuing and tracking its infrastructure and fixed assets
- Overseeing the annual audit
- Providing timely and insightful financial information to assist the Council and City administration in its planning and decision making.